Perhaps you are a first-time homeowner and this is your first HVAC service call. Or maybe you just opened a new business location. Either way, it is always a good idea to have things ready to go when the specialist arrives. Below are a few things you can do to be prepared and help your service call go as smoothly and quickly as possible.
Heating and cooling service Call Checklist.
- Replace your dirty air filter. Of course, our technicians are happy to do this as part of a yearly tune-up plan, we highly recommend you keep your air filter clean by replacing them every 30-60 days.
- Gather all documents you have about your air conditioner, furnace or central air unit. This can include model numbers, receipts, warranties and user manuals. When you have these materials ready to go it will help the technician quickly know what kind of replacement coverage you have as well as comparable units should a unit need to be replaced.
- Document the units’ problems and history. The more information you can provide the HVAC technician upon arrival the faster they can assess and troubleshoot the problem. Make sure you know how long you have had the unit, a history of any problems, details of maintenance, and as much information as possible about the issues you have been having.
- Make sure your home is ready to have visitors. This means ensuring that an adult over 18 years old is present and has the authorization to speak with the technician on your behalf. If they are home but you would like to speak with the technician it is advisable that you make sure you can be easily reached via phone calls. It is also highly recommended that if you have pets they are locked up or outside away from where the technician will be working. This helps keep your pet and the technician safe during the service call.
- Turn off the compromised units. If your heat pump or air conditioner is frozen over make sure that you shut off the unit before the service call. Doing so will help ensure that the unit is completely thawed and ready to work on before the tech gets to your home or business.
Further HVAC assistance.
We hope that this quick checklist helped you think of things you can do to make your next service call an enjoyable one. If you have any further questions or concerns we invite you to give our main office a call at 801-930-0629 to speak with a professional today.